This evening I came across this question.
In the comments, sumelic has indicated three potentially related questions. They are obviously better equipped than I to handle any duplicate closing in this case.
However, this got me wondering, how are posts that are duplicates of more than one question handled?
I've seen instances of questions that link to at least two duplicates on both ELU and ELU Meta; for example:
- Changing usage of certain words
- How to handle questions with acceptable comments as answers but no answer itself?
So, my questions are:
- How are multiple duplicate listings achieved?
- Is it part of the close-vote process?
- Does flagging influence it at all?
- If I see a post that has been closed as a duplicate of a single question and notice that it also references another question, how should I go about notifying others about the additional duplicate? (e.g. a comment, a flag, a Meta post, etc.)
Hopefully my pre-ask search was more successful this time than for one of my previous questions! As far as I could tell, this question has not yet been asked.