I see that the word "query" is pronounced:


I was wondering whether there is any word in English that sounds:


Is there some kind of reverse pronunciation lookup resource online?

  • 1
    The combination /ir/ in English only occurs in compound words like reread and three-ring. (Although some Americans use the pronunciation [ir] for words containing /ɪər/.) Apr 8, 2018 at 21:50
  • 3
    There's a website that does this for American English (although it doesn't use IPA). See this question. Apr 8, 2018 at 21:56


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .