I'm a Chinese. I want to find a friend from abroad to practise English. I think that it will be better to learn a language by communication.

I appreciate it if you know some ways or some platforms. Thank you for your answers.

  • Are you located in China and limited to things allowed through the Great Firewall, or do you have access to the open Internet?
    – nick012000
    Jan 11 at 10:21
  • Try [hellotalk](hellotalk.com) or [iTalki](italki.com). The second you pay for but you get someone to talk to who knows how to do conversation for language learners.
    – Mitch
    Jan 11 at 13:39
  • You may want to search on English Language Learners or Language Learning to get better direction.
    – Mitch
    Jan 11 at 13:40
  • 1
    English Language Learners has a Resources for learning English thread that has a "Exchanging online with a partner" section the might be helpful.
    – ColleenV
    Jan 11 at 20:32
  • Thank you for your answers.
    – lz9866
    Jan 12 at 7:08
  • 2
    When I was in Mexico on my first sabbatical, I posted a bilingual notice at the local university offering to trade English for Spanish conversation and practice. I made some good friends and learned a lot of Spanish that way. But it's local, so it depends on where you are and who's available. You should only do this with a native speaker; otherwise you're learning the local slang and not much more. Jan 30 at 18:08


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .