Recently, I asked a question. Another user edited it a little. But now I see it's locked for about one hour. Why did it happen? Did I do a bad thing to deserve it?
I merely locked it against comments.
I did this because, per usual, within a few moments of the question’s appearance people had already begun answering in comments, something which is not allowed because it breaks the Stack Exchange model.
It is not otherwise locked in any way.
This was the timeline:
- 2023-10-07 17:43:48Z: Question posted.
- 2023-10-07 17:48:00Z: Answer posted in comment.
- 2023-10-07 17:48:36Z: Question edited.
- 2023-10-07 17:48:42Z: Answer in comment deleted.
- 2023-10-07 17:48:54Z: Question locked against comments for an hour.
- 2023-10-07 17:56:25Z: Answer posted in answer.
- 2023-10-07 18:48:56Z: Question unlocked against comments.