This community needs to contribute some names they would like to act as provisional Moderators, ASAP. Most site have this discussion starting from the first days. Please read this: Moderators Pro Tempore.
Here are some basic guidelines:
- Each nomination should be a separate answer. Link the name to the user’s profile (parent and meta) so we can see their activity (see this for reference).
- The nominee should indicate their acceptance by editing the answer, adding that they accept the nomination. Optionally they can write something about themselves.
- Self nominations are okay, and even encouraged. Most sites have not had sufficient time for many users to stand out. Self nomination is simply a way to say, “I’m interested. Let my record speak for itself.” Links to other activities may be helpful: Area 51 participation, participation in other sites, blog posts reviewing or announcing the site, etc.
Here is what we are looking for in a Moderator:
We are seeking out members who are deeply engaged in the community’s development; members who:
- Have a reasonably high reputation score to indicate active, consistent participation.
- Show an interest in their meta’s community-building activities.
- Lead by example, showing patience and respect for their fellow community members in everything they write.
- Exhibit those intangible traits discussed in A Theory of Moderation.
Bonus points for:
- Members with participation in both meta and the parent site (i.e. interest in both community building and expertise in the field).
- Area 51 participation, social network referrals, or blogging about the site.
- Members who have already shown an interest or ability to promote their community.
Kosmonaut, mmyers, and nohat have been appointed as provisional moderators.