It seems as though English users in general are somewhere along the spectrum from highly conservative (who resist changes to language usage) to highly progressive (who embrace changes to language usage).
Imagine the following questions
- Should there be a hyphen in 'today'?
- Should there be a hyphen in 'email'?
- Is it okay to use 'fun' as an adjective?
- Is it okay to use the abbreviation "there's" even when it is short for "there are"?
- Is it 'all right' or 'alright'?
Depending on where one is on the spectrum, there will be many different answers given, and it is unclear (to me at least) which should be accepted as a 'correct' answer.
How will the community deal with the types of debates that will ensue as a result of this?