I recently voted to close a question which looked like a duplicate. The OP has edited it to make the difference in what he's asking much clearer, and I agree that my close vote is now no longer applicable.

Is there any way to remove my close vote?

If not, can someone please make one?

Edit: So, the main site has the close reversal, but not this one... so this is now also a feature request for Mitch to be able to remove his close vote here, too.

  • 2
    This is simply a test of what @tchrist explains. I should be able to reverse this close vote.
    – Mitch
    Commented Sep 1, 2014 at 19:08

1 Answer 1


Yes, on the vote-to-close menu, you should be given the option to retract your close-vote.

  • 1
    I just voted to close this (meta) question. Unfortunately, it is not on the (meta) close list.
    – Mitch
    Commented Sep 1, 2014 at 19:09
  • So far it hasn't shown up for me at least on meta. Maybe meta is different?
    – Mitch
    Commented Sep 2, 2014 at 1:37
  • @Mitch Good question!
    – tchrist Mod
    Commented Sep 2, 2014 at 1:39
  • Should we experiment on the regular site?
    – Mitch
    Commented Sep 2, 2014 at 1:41
  • @Mitch I did that. I already proved it on the main site today right before posting my answer here.
    – tchrist Mod
    Commented Sep 2, 2014 at 1:44
  • I just tried it on the given question...it does not show up immediatley on my review list. Will try later.
    – Mitch
    Commented Sep 2, 2014 at 13:02
  • 1
    I voted to close this question and then retracted my vote and it worked. But I did it right away in quick succession. Commented Sep 2, 2014 at 15:16
  • @Mr.ShinyandNew安宇 I believe you can only retract a close-vote “soon” after casting it. This is to allow for click-errors. I’m sure it’s on MSE.
    – tchrist Mod
    Commented Sep 2, 2014 at 15:33

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .