I found many answers to my deleted questions extremely useful and interesting.
Can't the copy of deleted threads be email-ed to all authors?
or authors be warned to backup them before deleting?
Failing to fit to very vaguely defined tematics/subjects of this board is not synonym of bad behavior.
Especially if all my related questions on the meaning and definitions of words (like language, usage, etc.) are being closed.
If questions do not fit in this board, the author would want to have the texts for posting elsewhere in more appropriate boards.
I had superb answers to my question "Who was mockingbird", I loved them.
Why was it deleted without any warning?
This was the question on the figurative, idiomatic usage (which is in the title of this board!) and meaning of the word mockingbird in novel "To Kill a Mockingbird":
- Who were the innocences, personified by a mockingbird, that did "sing their hearts out for us"?
- Collateral subquestion: How many were "a mocking bird"-s in the novel?
Why does not this question fit to FAQ of EN&U?
Why could not I keep copy for reposting in the more appropriate board?
The question remained unresolved to me and still haunts me.
What is out EL&U in my deleted questions on meaning, usage and definitions of words:
- to Dick or not to dick or to whom?
- Scunthorpe clbuttical question
- Is sign/manual/body language for the deaf a language