I agree so much with Dori's answer in this thread that I thought it was worth making it into a thread of its own. There has been a string of off-topic and low-quality questions (and, to a lower extent, answers) from user vgv8, that many users have expressed annoyance (whether in comments, on meta, or on the chat). I think there is a consensus that this is damaging the friendliness of the site by the tensions it has created.
Quoting Dori, the facts and questions that this situation raises are:
What I know:
- He doesn't understand why his questions aren't welcome.
- He's no stranger to suspensions (and also).
- His actions are driving others away from this site.
What I don't know:
- Why on earth moderators spend so much time closing and/or deleting his questions, when there's a much simpler, more overall-community-friendly, and less time-consuming alternative?
- If anyone sees signs that things might be improving (or at least that the situation won't worsen), such that it makes sense to continue to have patience?
What I would like to know is:
- Have mods tried to contact him directly?
- Has the possibility of a temporary ban been discussed, if only to allow him to cool down and think about the scope and boundaries of the site?