I have had badges in the past not get awarded to me. For example, the one that won't be awarded to me currently is the curious badge. It has that I have more than 5 positive questions asked but will not award me the badge. What should I do?
The Curious badge is awarded only when two separate criteria are both met:
- Asking a question that is open, not deleted and positively scored on 5 separate days
- Having a positive question record, which is defined as:
- (total q's - negative q's - closed q's - deleted q's)/total q's >= 0.5
Note in particular that a question that has both a negative score and is closed will count as two penalties, etc.
Source: Asking days badges
Unfortunately, you don't currently have a positive question record. You've asked 19 questions, 4 of which have a negative score, 6 of which have been closed, and 3 of which have been deleted. The relevant figure is thus (19 - 4 - 6 - 3)/19 = 6/19 which is less than 0.5.
In general, if you feel you haven't been awarded a badge you should have been and 24 hours have elapsed (badges can take some time to be awarded), you should post here on meta so that we can look into the issue.
- bronze; awarded once
Asked a well-received question on 5 separate days, and maintained a positive question record
Any open question that is not deleted and has a score >= 1 is considered well-received
- Only days where all questions asked have been well-received, count (source)
- A positive question record means you don't have too many closed, downvoted or deleted questions, overall. The formula is
(total questions - negative questions - closed - deleted)/total questions >= 0.5.Questions that have been downvoted and closed and deleted count three times in this calculation!