I see this message more often nowadays.
Attention: some of your recent flags have been declined - please review them before flagging this post!
And the reason, almost always is given as
declined - a moderator reviewed your flag, but found no evidence to support it
But the actual flagged posts are deleted or closed or punished as needed.
Here are some examples where the flagged posts are deleted. I can't visit the links myself, but maybe high-reppers can. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. I have a dozen examples where they are closed. And I get banned ultimately. I don't understand why.
- So why decline my flags in the first place?
- Do mods see my name with the flags?
- Are these some sort of personal revenge-declines? How's this even possible?
- The linked posts that I flagged to delete, were in fact deleted, not by a mod, but for various reasons and sometimes by the actual OPs. And I assume the same fate for my other flag-declined posts.
- The mods that did review these flags, thought it's best not to kill the posts instantly and chose to decline my flags instead.
And thanks to all for your help.
Update (30/5/16): I now have a gold Marshal badge, thanks to my improved flagging behaviour! Now I'm one among the 21 users so far to have ever received it on ELU. :)