I have asked a question to get the female equivalent of "Esq" or "Esquire". There is no appropriate tag for my question. I want to create the following tags: "word-request" and "word-equivalent". But, I am not allowed. Hence, I raise the issue here (in Meta) to get the tags created. Please help me.

Link to the question referred to above: Is there any female equivalent to ‘Esq’ or ‘Esquire’?

  • "Single-word-request" means the substitution of a single word for a couple of words, not of a word for a word. Commented Jul 13, 2016 at 14:45
  • Good advice. Done. Commented Jul 13, 2016 at 14:53
  • 7
    You should read the tag information for single-word-request because your understanding of it is incorrect. Use this tag for questions that are about finding a single word to fit a meaning. Your question is essentially "Is there a word that means the same as Esquire when applied to a woman?" which is in my opinion a very straight-forward single word request.
    – ColleenV
    Commented Jul 13, 2016 at 15:14
  • 3
    As ColleenV commented, this question is based on the OP's misunderstanding of the SWR (Single-Word-Request) tag.
    – user140086
    Commented Jul 13, 2016 at 15:31
  • 4
    Note that if you aren't sure whether the term you're looking for is a single word or two or more words, you can tag the question as both single-word-requests and phrase-requests. That should cover both possibilities.
    – Sven Yargs
    Commented Jul 13, 2016 at 17:10

1 Answer 1


I would suggest using and possibly .

  • 4
    word-choice is for choosing between a given list of words - not what the OP is after in this case Commented Jul 14, 2016 at 12:44

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .