- Question: Is there a word or phrase for “taking the long way around a square”?
- My answer: "Scenic route" with enough details and has got upvotes.
- Duplicate answer posted hours later: "I've always humorously called this kind of thing the 'Scenic Route'"... and no further explanation or additional value.
I didn't think the duplicate answer deserved these flags:
- VLQ, because it's a great suggestion, which is why I had posted such an answer myself. I'm sure the community would have upvoted or edited to improve it, if my answer wasn't posted earlier.
- NAA, because it clearly gives an answer, although it lacks explanation.
- Rude or abusive, because the user/post was nice.
- Spam, because it is not promoting any product.
So I flagged it for moderator's attention: "Duplicate answer, adds nothing new."
Moderator's response: "declined - Using standard flags helps us prioritize problems and resolve them faster. Please familiarize yourself with the list of standard flags: see What is Flagging?"
Community's response: Post deleted by MετάEd, Dan Bron, tchrist..
What standard flag should I have used?
Just worth mentioning that I currently have about 2,478 helpful flags