I started programming at school in Fortran on hand-punched, 40-column cards before moving on to Basic, Z80 assembler and Pascal on a TRS-80 clone. OSs ranged from CP/M, Harris, George III and RSTS before hitting VMS, Unix, DOS3.3 and this new-fangled thing called Windows. Since then, C and C++ have dominated, with a smattering of Epoc (Psion), VB, HTML, CSS, PHP and not yet enough time to properly get into Android.
Member for 4 years, 7 months
5 profile views
Last seen Jun 12 at 11:03
- Personal Finance & Money 3.2k 3.2k 77 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 2k 2k 99 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- User Experience 1.8k 1.8k 77 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.6k 1.6k 1414 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Information Security 879 879 66 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 46 Doesn't the choice of encryption algorithm add entropy by itself?
- 43 'Earth-based' adjective counterpart to 'Lunar' or 'Solar'
- 32 Does "Shattered" actually show SHA-1-signed certificates are "unsafe"?
- 26 An English equivalent of Arabic idiom ‘Show us the breadth of your shoulders’
- 20 Do Veracrypt encrypted volumes have any kind of brute force protection?
- 20 How to safely destroy (a large quantity of) valid checks?
- 19 How do I write technical handover documentation before leaving a company?
- View more network posts →