In a previous life I received a PhD in Organic Chemistry and after working for a spell as a research chemist, decided the boredom and effects of the chemicals just was not going to cut it as a long-term career. Found I could do a GradDip and retrain as a computer programmer in just one year, taking both stage 2 and 3 at the same time (one paper I didn't even have the prerequisites for). As it turns out this was my niche and I loved, and aced, all my papers, continuing on to complete a PGDipSci.
I've now swapped with my husband and he looks after the kids while I get to work full-time.
Top network posts
- 24 Is "chubby" offensive?
- 13 how can I program a large number of for loops
- 9 Which browsers support 307/308 redirects and how do they handle them?
- 8 Unsupported Media Type with HttpClient / .NET Core
- 7 HttpRequestMessage could not be found, yet System.Net.Http is referenced
- 5 Dynamic Code Compilation in .Net Core 2.1
- 5 How can I load this file into an NUnit Test?
- View more network posts →