What you need to know about me:
CTO at Ripple, the company behind the Ripple settlement network.
One of the original architects of the XRP Ledger system, the first to solve the crypto-currency double spend problem without requiring either a central authority or proof of work.
My alter ego is "JoelKatz" on the Bitcoin forums and other places.
Follow me on Twitter -- @JoelKatz.
Areas of expertise include cryptography, payment and settlement networks, advising fintech and emerging technology startups, and C++ programming.
Areas of interest include computers, aviation (both full scale and model/drone), basketball and football.
My wife and I have a blog, but it's only rarely updated.
- Stack Overflow 144.2k 144.2k 1414 gold badges153153 silver badges238238 bronze badges
- Super User 57.4k 57.4k 66 gold badges8888 silver badges133133 bronze badges
- Bitcoin 46.2k 46.2k 55 gold badges9595 silver badges165165 bronze badges
- Server Fault 29k 29k 11 gold badge4545 silver badges7474 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 9.3k 9.3k 22 gold badges3030 silver badges3737 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 214 Why is the size of my email about a third bigger than the size of its attached files?
- 202 How can a file size be zero?
- 199 When is std::weak_ptr useful?
- 163 What is thread contention?
- 133 Should I disable swap file if I have lots of RAM or should I move it to a virtual RAM drive?
- 127 Overwrite or override
- 122 How does the computer know that the PC was not properly shut down?
- View more network posts →