What you need to know about me:
CTO at Ripple, the company behind the Ripple settlement network.
One of the original architects of the XRP Ledger system, the first to solve the crypto-currency double spend problem without requiring either a central authority or proof of work.
My alter ego is "JoelKatz" on the Bitcoin forums and other places.
Follow me on Twitter -- @JoelKatz.
Areas of expertise include cryptography, payment and settlement networks, advising fintech and emerging technology startups, and C++ programming.
Areas of interest include computers, aviation (both full scale and model/drone), basketball and football.
My wife and I have a blog, but it's only rarely updated.
- Stack Overflow 169.6k 169.6k 1717 gold badges192192 silver badges262262 bronze badges
- Super User 60.5k 60.5k 77 gold badges9696 silver badges146146 bronze badges
- Bitcoin 50.2k 50.2k 55 gold badges102102 silver badges174174 bronze badges
- Server Fault 30.8k 30.8k 11 gold badge5252 silver badges8181 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 10k 10k 22 gold badges3434 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 260 When is std::weak_ptr useful?
- 215 What is thread contention?
- 214 Why is the size of my email about a third bigger than the size of its attached files?
- 208 Overwrite or override
- 203 How can a file size be zero?
- 170 What's the difference between “mod” and “remainder”?
- 142 Should I disable swap file if I have lots of RAM or should I move it to a virtual RAM drive?
- View more network posts →