I'm a second-language speaker of what I believe is a fairly "neutral" flavour of English (if such a thing exists), mainly influenced by British and American varieties. I tend to prefer British spellings but I'm afraid I sound more American when I talk. :-)
I take an interest in languages, their evolution and history, and all those subtle variations between different dialects and registers. After secondary school I was actually close to going to study English Philology at university, but ended up taking Computer Science instead. Now I am a software developer by profession, and languages remain mainly a hobby for me. (Not only a hobby, as I think good prose writing skills are important in my field. For the last 10 years or so English has been the main written language I've used at work.)
Besides English and my native Finnish, I'm nowadays quite adept at Spanish too (it's my favourite language in a way, especially if spoken with a Cuban accent and when drunk). My Swedish and German are rusty, but re-learnable if need arises.
Member for 8 years, 11 months
23 profile views
Last seen Sep 12 '16 at 8:49
- Stack Overflow 54k 54k 5656 gold badges214214 silver badges322322 bronze badges
- Travel 9.9k 9.9k 1212 gold badges5555 silver badges105105 bronze badges
- Super User 4.2k 4.2k 1010 gold badges4141 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 4k 4k 1111 gold badges2929 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 3.7k 3.7k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 487 Can you find all classes in a package using reflection?
- 418 How can I initialise a static Map?
- 348 How to respond with HTTP 400 error in a Spring MVC @ResponseBody method returning String?
- 270 How can I download an entire website?
- 202 Best way to create an empty map in Java
- 190 How to combine two images into one on a Mac?
- 164 "Couldn't resolve resource" in Android Studio's Preview
- View more network posts →