I'm a second-language speaker of what I believe is a fairly "neutral" flavour of English (if such a thing exists), mainly influenced by British and American varieties. I tend to prefer British spellings but I'm afraid I sound more American when I talk. :-)
I take an interest in languages, their evolution and history, and all those subtle variations between different dialects and registers. After secondary school I was actually close to going to study English Philology at university, but ended up taking Computer Science instead. Now I am a software developer by profession, and languages remain mainly a hobby for me. (Not only a hobby, as I think good prose writing skills are important in my field. For the last 10 years or so English has been the main written language I've used at work.)
Besides English and my native Finnish, I'm nowadays quite adept at Spanish too (it's my favourite language in a way, especially if spoken with a Cuban accent and when drunk). My Swedish and German are rusty, but re-learnable if need arises.
Member for 9 years, 2 months
23 profile views
Last seen Sep 12 '16 at 8:49
- Stack Overflow 54.9k 54.9k 5757 gold badges214214 silver badges323323 bronze badges
- Travel 10k 10k 1313 gold badges5757 silver badges105105 bronze badges
- Super User 4.2k 4.2k 1010 gold badges4141 silver badges5555 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 4k 4k 1111 gold badges3030 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 3.7k 3.7k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 498 Can you find all classes in a package using reflection?
- 426 How can I initialise a static Map?
- 359 How to respond with HTTP 400 error in a Spring MVC @ResponseBody method returning String?
- 273 How can I download an entire website?
- 213 Best way to create an empty map in Java
- 202 How to combine two images into one on a Mac?
- 165 "Couldn't resolve resource" in Android Studio's Preview
- View more network posts →