I used to be an active contributor here, but got fed up with the politics in late 2018. I'm now over at the
Codidact - Electrical Engineering
site. Several other top contributors from here are also there. If you want good answers to your questions, that's the place to ask.
Electrical engineer interested in old technology and new stuff. The list includes letterpress printing, relief prints, analogue and alternative photography, Laser engravers and cutters, 3D printing, HAM radio, weaving, chemistry, X-rays and stuff.
Work experience is digital communications.
Marv Mills wrote a poem for me on ELU, to cheer me up, when I had asked a question in the wrong place, I copy it and others here because the question and answers may go away.
There once was a Poster did dare,
Ask for rhyming with Pear, Pair and Pare.
But Edwin chastised,
The OP was denied,
And the rhyming did not appear there.
He also had a go at the original question proper with
Said the peer who pares pears it appears,
that while paring your pears on a pier,
if preparing to pare,
or just pairing a pear,
at your pairs and your pears you must peer.
Mark Banister came up with this one
There once was a Finnish au pair,
Who sliced two fruits on a dare,
Her host was a lord,
So she took a sharp sword,
Then that au pair pared a peer's pear pair.
Papa Poule suggested trying the following after some drinks
The pair of aux pairs in Paris repaired the pair of poorly pared pears and prepared and paired them nicely with a Dom-Pér d’avant-guerre.
Member for 6 years
6 profile views
Last seen Oct 14 '19 at 12:49
- Electrical Engineering 4k 4k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 682 682 66 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Chemistry 636 636 55 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Lifehacks 478 478 33 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 435 435 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 20 Me and my ancestors - single word
- 19 Seek SF melancholy story about woman who waits for her partner
- 17 how should I label components changing between PCB versions?
- 16 Is there a inherent security threat to having border security receive your passwords?
- 15 Why does a relay have a minimum applicable load?
- 14 Why is a capacitor before a voltage regulator more effective than after?
- 11 What kind component is this?
- View more network posts →