SC for reinstatement of Monica
No one is above the rules, not even the effective owners and directors of a company. If they mess up, it is essential they apologise and take steps to make ammends as soon and as thorougly as possible.
In the meantime, lessons learnt:
Do NOT ever give out your real name.
If you want to avoid being singled out and attacked, enforce on yourself that damning rule 'don't say, don't ask'. If you do not understand how people can choose their own pronouns, even if you do humour them, keep mum on the fact that you don't understand it, as well as on the why and how. Failure to understand other human beings is, on certain topics, motive enough to be branded as bigot and become deserving of bullying.
The quintessential quote for a bookaholic:
“A room without books is like a body without a soul.” Cicero
Member for 8 years, 11 months
5 profile views
Last seen Jun 13 '19 at 18:01
- Writing 10.4k 10.4k 33 gold badges1414 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 3.5k 3.5k 1515 gold badges4040 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- History 1k 1k 11 gold badge88 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 288 288 55 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Astronomy 285 285 33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 85 Averting Real Women Don’t Wear Dresses
- 53 Do readers need to identify with fictional characters?
- 51 Sometimes a banana is just a banana
- 44 When did "&" stop being taught alongside the alphabet?
- 35 "have" vs."have got" in American and British English
- 31 Omitting article “the” in front of plural nouns
- 29 Idiom for 'person who gets violent when drunk"
- View more network posts →