Practising university teacher in genre, literature across media, and narrative structures. Background in administration, theatrical production and project management. Surprisingly scientific and mathematical, for a Humanities guy.
Cranium: the thing that always hits the wall first.
Systems analyst, actively interested in the theory and practice of synthesis across disciplines. Constantly finding new things.
Audio technician, experienced programmer, and builder of PCs. They tell me that I have a larger accumulation of distinct screwdrivers than most people have tools of any sort.
Cyclist and windsurfer. Taoism for discipline.
First degree in English Language and Literature, with emphasis on Old and Middle English, a specialism in drama, and a dissertation on the Gothic Revival.
Two MAs: Education, and History.
PhD concerning genre studies, and approaches to fantastic visual narrative (science fiction, fantasy, supernatural horror, surrealism).
Absurdly varied non-fiction library, and a constant struggle with my backlog of visual material to study. Sometimes I even enjoy it.
Thinking about formulating a solid research project concerning fantastic narratives in audio media. The cliché ‘The pictures are better on the radio’ is a cliché for a good reason.
With all of that said, I could still really do with a hand getting all of these penguins out of my bathroom.
Member for 3 years, 11 months
3 profile views
Last seen Oct 26 '18 at 11:07
Top network posts
- 18 Has the TOS theme song ever been performed with the words written by Roddenberry?
- 17 What is a Junker?
- 14 Euphemism for diarrhea
- 14 Is it plagiarism to reference a fictitious source?
- 13 English equivalent for the Persian idiom "Putting the drill on poppy"?
- 12 What is the Millennium Falcon’s hull and structure made of?
- 12 What is it called when you end up preparing for something and then it doesn't happen because you prepared?
- View more network posts →