Growing up, I was always sure I wanted to either become a developer or a writer. Finally, I made my choice. I would be a writer. Then I got a job as a developer by a fluke and that was that. I still write a bit. If I'd ended up being a writer, I'd probably still hack a bit.
Indeed I still hack a bit, in that there's no better way to relax after a hard day's programming than to kick back and do a bit of programming. Right now my favourite off-the-clock project is contributing to CoreFX. That would seem to be the main reason I was made a Microsoft MVP in 2016 and 2017, though I think that I've a few answers on SO helped a bit.
Top Network Posts
- 791 Do I need Content-Type: application/octet-stream for file download?
- 316 LINQ: Not Any vs All Don't
- 130 Performance of static methods vs instance methods
- 127 Why does "quadratic" describe second power when "quad" means "four"?
- 110 What are the differences between struct and class in C++?
- 86 bool operator ++ and --
- 77 What's the C#-idiomatic way for applying an operator across two lists?
- View more network posts →