Member for 10 years, 11 months
Canadian, native English speaker, background in academic linguistics, lifelong reader, and language enthusiast.
In the prescriptive versus descriptive grammar debate, I'm mostly descriptivist but with an appreciation for the prescriptivist idea that something being "popular" usage doesn't mean it's correct.
- Role-playing Games 235.9k 235.9k 3939 gold badges761761 silver badges10121012 bronze badges
- Arqade 32.9k 32.9k 1414 gold badges9999 silver badges167167 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 5.4k 5.4k 2222 silver badges3737 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 2.8k 2.8k 1414 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Physics 1.3k 1.3k 11 gold badge88 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 250 How to stop players from making the game X-rated
- 176 What do you do when your players guess your plots?
- 155 How can DMs effectively telegraph specific dangers in D&D?
- 148 Punishing a player for instant-actioning
- 146 Can the dungeon master have a player character?
- 138 How to ask nicely in Dungeon World
- 119 Where do adventurers keep all their stuff?
- View more network posts →