I’m Irish, of English parents, and was brought up on BBC Radio 4. I have an odd hybrid accent. I’m often asked how long I've been living in Ireland; people don’t believe me when I say I was born here.
I learned Irish and French in school and have, really, forgotten both. I don’t live in a part of Ireland where Irish is commonly spoken.
- Stack Overflow 9.5k 9.5k 66 gold badges5151 silver badges102102 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 7k 7k 11 gold badge2828 silver badges4949 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 6.1k 6.1k 44 gold badges4343 silver badges6161 bronze badges
- Christianity 4.4k 4.4k 2828 silver badges5959 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 2.8k 2.8k 11 gold badge1919 silver badges3636 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 293 Correct mime type for .mp4
- 107 How to start a foreach loop at a specific index in PHP
- 56 Would Gollum qualify, as a Ringbearer, to go to the Undying Lands?
- 47 What word means a “male temptress”?
- 39 Why did Thorongil warn Ecthelion against the White Wizard?
- 38 How long is a Welsh word?
- 35 Film about some dude who fell in love with a star (a literal stellar object)
- View more network posts →