I’m Irish, of English parents, and was brought up on BBC Radio 4. I have an odd hybrid accent. I’m often asked how long I've been living in Ireland; people don’t believe me when I say I was born here.
I learned Irish and French in school and have, really, forgotten both. I don’t live in a part of Ireland where Irish is commonly spoken.
Member for 9 years, 3 months
33 profile views
Last seen Nov 6 '19 at 18:18
- Stack Overflow 8.5k 8.5k 44 gold badges4343 silver badges9494 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 6.8k 6.8k 11 gold badge2525 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 5.8k 5.8k 33 gold badges3838 silver badges5858 bronze badges
- Christianity 4.3k 4.3k 2626 silver badges5353 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 2.5k 2.5k 1717 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 250 Correct mime type for .mp4
- 93 How to start a foreach loop at a specific index in PHP
- 48 Would Gollum qualify, as a Ringbearer, to go to the Undying Lands?
- 47 What word means a “male temptress”?
- 37 How long is a Welsh word?
- 35 Film about some dude who fell in love with a star (a literal stellar object)
- 35 Why did Thorongil warn Ecthelion against the White Wizard?
- View more network posts →