I’m Irish, of English parents, and was brought up on BBC Radio 4. I have an odd hybrid accent. I’m often asked how long I've been living in Ireland; people don’t believe me when I say I was born here.
I learned Irish and French in school and have, really, forgotten both. I don’t live in a part of Ireland where Irish is commonly spoken.
Member for 10 years, 6 months
36 profile views
Last seen Apr 18 at 18:55
- Stack Overflow 9.2k 9.2k 66 gold badges5050 silver badges100100 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 7k 7k 11 gold badge2727 silver badges4949 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 6.1k 6.1k 33 gold badges4242 silver badges5959 bronze badges
- Christianity 4.4k 4.4k 2727 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 2.7k 2.7k 11 gold badge1919 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 284 Correct mime type for .mp4
- 104 How to start a foreach loop at a specific index in PHP
- 54 Would Gollum qualify, as a Ringbearer, to go to the Undying Lands?
- 47 What word means a “male temptress”?
- 38 How long is a Welsh word?
- 36 Why did Thorongil warn Ecthelion against the White Wizard?
- 35 Film about some dude who fell in love with a star (a literal stellar object)
- View more network posts →