"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence. These little problems help me to do so." (Sherlock Holmes)
I sometimes enjoy embedding puns and subtle self-references into many of my answers and comments.
Remember, context is everything.
Member for 7 years, 9 months
275 profile views
Last seen Nov 11 at 12:36
- English Language Learners♦ 106.7k 106.7k 99 gold badges142142 silver badges262262 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 56k 56k 55 gold badges8686 silver badges185185 bronze badges
- Academia 12.6k 12.6k 22 gold badges3333 silver badges5555 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 4k 4k 22 gold badges1717 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Writing 1.1k 1.1k 55 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 236 Why are the Code of Conduct changes received so negatively, and what can / could have been done to change that?
- 224 Visually stunning math concepts which are easy to explain
- 195 Why does the multi-paragraph quotation rule exist?
- 119 In the sentence: "Drinking and driving IS dangerous", why does the verb "to be" need to be singular?
- 108 Upset by male classmates openly comparing female students according to physical appearance
- 94 Feedback post: Moderator review and reinstatement processes
- 93 "I often buy fruits when I go to the supermarket" – illogical?
- View more network posts →