"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence. These little problems help me to do so." (Sherlock Holmes)
I sometimes enjoy embedding puns and subtle self-references into many of my answers and comments.
Remember, context is everything.
Member for 9 years, 3 months
284 profile views
Last seen Jan 2 '20 at 20:11
- English Language Learners♦ 109.2k 109.2k 99 gold badges153153 silver badges278278 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 57.2k 57.2k 55 gold badges9191 silver badges189189 bronze badges
- Academia 12.9k 12.9k 22 gold badges3535 silver badges5757 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 5.1k 5.1k 33 gold badges2121 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Writing 1.1k 1.1k 55 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 271 Visually stunning math concepts which are easy to explain
- 271 Why are the Code of Conduct changes received so negatively, and what can / could have been done to change that?
- 209 Why does the multi-paragraph quotation rule exist?
- 120 In the sentence: "Drinking and driving IS dangerous", why does the verb "to be" need to be singular?
- 110 Upset by male classmates openly comparing female students according to physical appearance
- 100 Feedback post: Moderator review and reinstatement processes
- 94 "I often buy fruits when I go to the supermarket" – illogical?
- View more network posts →