I am a retired software developer. I started out as a mainframe COBOL programmer back in 1987. Transitioned to VB6 in 2000, .NET when Visual Studio 1.0 was in Beta2. I'm a American expatriate living primarily in the UK at this time.
I operate a publishing company in order to publish two books about family members' experiences in and after World War II in Germany (and the Soviet Union). Check it out: Prospect Avenue Books.
Blogs: see my website
- Stack Overflow 11.6k 11.6k 1515 gold badges7979 silver badges120120 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 7.5k 7.5k 33 gold badges2525 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 1.8k 1.8k 22 gold badges1717 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Astronomy 923 923 66 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Writing 694 694 55 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 134 How to escape quote marks in Exec Command in MSBuild
- 95 Why is <deny users="?" /> included in the following example?
- 64 How do I give ASP.NET permission to write to a folder in Windows 7?
- 58 What about Sql Server Data Tools for VS2012 being incompatible with Sql Server 2012?
- 53 CustomErrors mode="Off"
- 34 What does "Method '~' of object '~' failed" at runtime mean?
- 33 Shouldn't this cause an Overflow? It doesn't!
- View more network posts →