I want patience and I want it now.
Also, I find that nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
Laziness is what gets me out of bed in the morning.
Some of the smartest things people have ever said:
No language makes perfect sense. — John McWhorter
Neurosis is always a substitute for legitimate suffering. — Carl Jung
To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves. Nothing is often a good thing to say, and always a clever thing to say. — Will Durant
A child educated only at school is an uneducated child. — George Santayana
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do. — Savielly Tartakower
One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision — Bertrand Russell
Every good thing that happens in your life is a gift. — Yours Truly
If you can't practice self-denial, all you're left with is denial. — Ibid.
"Most people wouldn't recognize subtlety if it jumped up and bit them on the ass." — Ibid.
The High Desert, USA
Member for 9 years, 2 months
381 profile views
Last seen Jan 22 at 15:06
- English Language & Usage 137.8k 137.8k 3232 gold badges323323 silver badges543543 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 27.6k 27.6k 77 gold badges4949 silver badges7474 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 13.6k 13.6k 22 gold badges3434 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- Writing 3.2k 3.2k 22 gold badges1414 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Skeptics 2.2k 2.2k 1414 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 326 Remove querystring from URL
- 214 How do the tenses and aspects in English correspond temporally to one another?
- 189 CSS "color" vs. "font-color"
- 176 onKeyPress Vs. onKeyUp and onKeyDown
- 171 How do the tenses and aspects in English correspond temporally to one another?
- 143 Can an Option in a Select tag carry multiple values?
- 142 Is "Just a friendly advice" grammatical?
- View more network posts →