I want patience and I want it now.
Also, I find that nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
Laziness is what gets me out of bed in the morning.
Some of the smartest things people have ever said:
No language makes perfect sense. — John McWhorter
Neurosis is always a substitute for legitimate suffering. — Carl Jung
To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves. Nothing is often a good thing to say, and always a clever thing to say. — Will Durant
A child educated only at school is an uneducated child. — George Santayana
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do. — Savielly Tartakower
One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision — Bertrand Russell
Every good thing that happens in your life is a gift. — Yours Truly
If you can't practice self-denial, all you're left with is denial. — Ibid.
"Most people wouldn't recognize subtlety if it jumped up and bit them on the ass." — Ibid.
The High Desert, USA
Member for 10 years
403 profile views
Last seen Nov 24 at 2:20
- English Language & Usage 142.8k 142.8k 3535 gold badges331331 silver badges564564 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 28.6k 28.6k 88 gold badges5050 silver badges7474 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 13.8k 13.8k 22 gold badges3434 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- Writing 3.2k 3.2k 22 gold badges1515 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Skeptics 2.2k 2.2k 1515 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 353 Remove querystring from URL
- 226 How do the tenses and aspects in English correspond temporally to one another?
- 211 onKeyPress Vs. onKeyUp and onKeyDown
- 193 CSS "color" vs. "font-color"
- 179 How do the tenses and aspects in English correspond temporally to one another?
- 159 Can an Option in a Select tag carry multiple values?
- 142 Is "Just a friendly advice" grammatical?
- View more network posts →