Mathematician by trade, other interests including… well, roughly what my SE activity suggests. Currently living in Sweden, previously variously in the UK, US, Canada, and Australia.
Member for 9 years, 4 months
49 profile views
Last seen Jul 31 '18 at 22:53
- English Language & Usage 18.7k 18.7k 33 gold badges4545 silver badges9494 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 11.6k 11.6k 11 gold badge4242 silver badges7878 bronze badges
- Mathematics 6.7k 6.7k 44 gold badges2020 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- Academia 5.9k 5.9k 33 gold badges2121 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 3.3k 3.3k 33 gold badges2525 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 362 Pedagogy: How to cure students of the "law of universal linearity"?
- 285 How do you explain to a 5th grader why division by zero is meaningless?
- 200 How do I ask for an espresso if there's a good chance they don't know how to make it?
- 119 Is it unethical to take a photograph of my question sheets from a sit-down exam I've just finished if I am not allowed to take them home?
- 108 How to deal with a professor who grades assignments and exams incorrectly
- 64 Writing a recommendation letter for a student I reported for academic dishonesty
- 64 When Frodo offers her the ring, is Galadriel really tempted, or just making a point?
- View more network posts →