Mathematician by trade, other interests including… well, roughly what my SE activity suggests. Currently living in Sweden, previously variously in the UK, US, Canada, and Australia.
Member for 10 years
50 profile views
Last seen May 12 at 22:14
- English Language & Usage 18.9k 18.9k 33 gold badges4646 silver badges9696 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 12.2k 12.2k 11 gold badge4646 silver badges8282 bronze badges
- Academia 7.7k 7.7k 33 gold badges2626 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- Mathematics 7.5k 7.5k 55 gold badges2323 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 3.4k 3.4k 33 gold badges2626 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 367 Pedagogy: How to cure students of the "law of universal linearity"?
- 285 How do you explain to a 5th grader why division by zero is meaningless?
- 200 How do I ask for an espresso if there's a good chance they don't know how to make it?
- 123 Is it unethical to take a photograph of my question sheets from a sit-down exam I've just finished if I am not allowed to take them home?
- 108 How to deal with a professor who grades assignments and exams incorrectly
- 71 What does "Et In Arcadia, Ego" refer to?
- 66 When Frodo offers her the ring, is Galadriel really tempted, or just making a point?
- View more network posts →