I did my degree in English/French Language/Linguistics back in the '70s, but I only got a middling grade, and I've worked in software development ever since, so I'm really only an expert on English language in the same way any articulate native speaker is.
Member for 8 years, 5 months
503 profile views
Last seen May 14 at 16:10
Top network posts
- 110 An English idiom for "solve a problem that has been solved"?
- 106 "Replace with" versus "replace by"
- 97 Is there a word for a change so small that it doesn’t seem to be a change at all?
- 82 Looking for a word to describe the sound of the morning as hundreds of birds begin singing before sunrise?
- 79 What do you call money earned through unethical sources?
- 77 Is there a word or phrase for something that one might wish exists, but most certainly doesn't?
- 77 Why is "He knows to swim" incorrect?
- View more network posts →