PhD student in graphene electronics with background in physics (nuclear, optics) and nano-engineering (photonics, perovskites, metamaterials). Avid independent budget traveler (EU, RUS), language learner (RU, ES, EO), radio amateur (DK2AX), juggler, guitarist/trombonist and blacksmith, European, and world federalist (www.ywf.world). Fascinated by nuclear physics, political philosophy, ecosystems, survival techniques, time-tested stories and all sorts of languages.
If you have 30 seconds, please take this language survey on Google Docs.
It is gathering data on the correlation between native and second languages and will help to answer questions such as How many people in the world can I speak with?.
- Physics 4.5k 4.5k 44 gold badges2525 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- Travel 2.7k 2.7k 22 gold badges1313 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Politics 1.3k 1.3k 11 gold badge66 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors 1k 1k 11 gold badge77 silver badges99 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 813 813 22 gold badges55 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 126 How to use public transport in Russia with limited knowledge of Russian?
- 108 Why is oil a better lubricant than water?
- 104 Why is embassy spelled with E but ambassador with A?
- 97 My car broke down in Siberia. What do I do now?
- 94 What can an independent election observer in Russia do if they notice irregularities?
- 57 How to use public transport in Russia with limited knowledge of Russian?
- 52 Why is ice made from boiled water clear?
- View more network posts →