I started off programming in BBC Basic and 6502 assembler. I got my first job programming in FORTRAN on VMS, and since then have picked up C, C++ and SQL on VMS and Unix, with excursions into VB and IBM 360 assembler.
I drink real ale, play wargames and contract bridge, and walk in the country.
And, yes, I have a beard.
Darlington, United Kingdom
Member for 8 years, 10 months
18 profile views
Last seen 2 days ago
- English Language & Usage 29.3k 29.3k 4545 gold badges132132 silver badges237237 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 15.3k 15.3k 1919 gold badges7070 silver badges127127 bronze badges
- Super User 930 930 55 gold badges1919 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- Board & Card Games 623 623 44 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Physics 519 519 33 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 383 How do I enlarge an EER Diagram in MySQL Workbench?
- 227 How do I enlarge an EER Diagram in MySQL Workbench?
- 171 Change One Cell's Data in mysql
- 116 Derogatory term for a corporate employee
- 58 How to remove 1000-row limit in MySQL Workbench queries?
- 54 What's a parallel for 'mitigate', for worsening a good situation?
- 50 What does “a couple” mean to you, and what does “a few” mean to you?
- View more network posts →