I started off programming in BBC Basic and 6502 assembler. I got my first job programming in FORTRAN on VMS, and since then have picked up C, C++ and SQL on VMS and Unix, with excursions into VB and IBM 360 assembler.
I drink real ale, play wargames and contract bridge, and walk in the country.
And, yes, I have a beard.
Darlington, United Kingdom
Member for 10 years, 11 months
19 profile views
Last seen Jun 16 at 8:44
- English Language & Usage 36k 36k 5252 gold badges140140 silver badges247247 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 20.6k 20.6k 2323 gold badges8383 silver badges133133 bronze badges
- Super User 1.8k 1.8k 55 gold badges2424 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- Physics 759 759 44 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Skeptics 681 681 88 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 433 How do I enlarge an EER Diagram in MySQL Workbench?
- 263 How do I enlarge an EER Diagram in MySQL Workbench?
- 202 Change One Cell's Data in mysql
- 116 Derogatory term for a corporate employee
- 65 How to remove 1000-row limit in MySQL Workbench queries?
- 55 What does “a couple” mean to you, and what does “a few” mean to you?
- 54 What's a parallel for 'mitigate', for worsening a good situation?
- View more network posts →