I started off programming in BBC Basic and 6502 assembler. I got my first job programming in FORTRAN on VMS, and since then have picked up C, C++ and SQL on VMS and Unix, with excursions into VB and IBM 360 assembler.
I drink real ale, play wargames and contract bridge, and walk in the country.
And, yes, I have a beard.
Darlington, United Kingdom
Member for 10 years, 5 months
19 profile views
Last seen May 20 '20 at 8:08
- English Language & Usage 35.8k 35.8k 4949 gold badges138138 silver badges245245 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 20k 20k 2121 gold badges8080 silver badges130130 bronze badges
- Super User 1.8k 1.8k 55 gold badges2323 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- Physics 759 759 44 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Skeptics 681 681 88 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 417 How do I enlarge an EER Diagram in MySQL Workbench?
- 252 How do I enlarge an EER Diagram in MySQL Workbench?
- 198 Change One Cell's Data in mysql
- 116 Derogatory term for a corporate employee
- 64 How to remove 1000-row limit in MySQL Workbench queries?
- 54 What's a parallel for 'mitigate', for worsening a good situation?
- 52 What does “a couple” mean to you, and what does “a few” mean to you?
- View more network posts →