I started off programming in BBC Basic and 6502 assembler. I got my first job programming in FORTRAN on VMS, and since then have picked up C, C++ and SQL on VMS and Unix, with excursions into VB and IBM 360 assembler.
I drink real ale, play wargames and contract bridge, and walk in the country.
And, yes, I have a beard.
Darlington, United Kingdom
Member for 9 years, 3 months
18 profile views
Last seen Oct 23 at 12:37
- English Language & Usage 29.6k 29.6k 4747 gold badges134134 silver badges241241 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 15.6k 15.6k 2020 gold badges7373 silver badges128128 bronze badges
- Super User 940 940 55 gold badges1919 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- Board & Card Games 623 623 44 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Physics 519 519 33 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 393 How do I enlarge an EER Diagram in MySQL Workbench?
- 233 How do I enlarge an EER Diagram in MySQL Workbench?
- 184 Change One Cell's Data in mysql
- 116 Derogatory term for a corporate employee
- 60 How to remove 1000-row limit in MySQL Workbench queries?
- 54 What's a parallel for 'mitigate', for worsening a good situation?
- 50 What does “a couple” mean to you, and what does “a few” mean to you?
- View more network posts →