Native English and Welsh speaker, enthusiastic learner of Flemish/Dutch, French, German, and occasionally Italian.
My doctorate is in medieval English. I taught as a college lecturer in Oxford for about five years, before taking a position as a researcher in the field of English linguistic history with a major publisher. I then went over to the dark side (for the cookies, of course), and now work as a data analyst for the same company, mainly dealing with XML data (and therefore XSLT), but also branching out into Adobe CS6 and all its wonders. I'm really grateful for any and all help as I learn all this new tech, and I'm always happy to return the favour by giving linguistic help when I can.
Member for 7 years, 10 months
0 profile views
Last seen Aug 29 '14 at 8:26
Top network posts
- 17 Does a gerund always end with "-ing"? If so, why?
- 10 Ironic phrase like Russian’s “no, didn’t hear”
- 10 Is it "thousands of postmen and women" or "thousands of postmen and -women"?
- 7 Meaning of sufformative versus suffix
- 6 Has the word ending *dition any independent meaning?
- 5 Did Ancient Greek have a rising intonation for questions?
- View more network posts →