For the last 59 years, I have been a practicing Christian (liberally conservative and evangelical). Should any posting I make to any Stack Exchange website pique your curiosity as to the what and why of my beliefs, feel free to communicate with me at email@example.com. I do not claim to have all the answers--let alone all the questions(!), but I would consider it a privilege to discuss Christianity with you in a rational and civilized fashion.
My wife (a native Egyptian and Christian) and I have been married for 44 years. We have two grown children who have flown the coop, making us empty nesters.
I have a Master's degree in Speech Communications and a Ph.D. in Rhetorical Theory. After a brief stint as a teacher of public speaking, I embarked on a couple of different and totally divergent pursuits by owning and operating two small businesses.
Tired of being in business for myself, I went back to school at Duquesne University's Paralegal Institute in Pittsburgh, where I received a General Practice Certificate in December 2013. I have yet to find a job in the legal profession, so I guess you could say I’m semi-retired. I do test grading, however, for a national testing service, and I sell classical record albums (aka vinyl, LPs, disks, schallenplaten, discos) online, worldwide. At last count I ship records to about 65 countries.
A rhetorical perspective is almost as natural to me as breathing. I target overt and covert--as well as conscious and unconscious--attempts at persuasion for analysis, evaluation, and criticism. Of particular interest to the EL&U web site contributors would be, with some adaptations and modifications, the traditional canons of speech: style (elocutio), invention (inventio), organization (dispositio), recall (memoria), and delivery (pronuntiatio or actio).
Member for 6 years, 7 months
11 profile views
Last seen Jan 13 '18 at 18:25
- English Language & Usage 16.8k 16.8k 22 gold badges2222 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- Christianity 7.4k 7.4k 1515 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Biblical Hermeneutics 5.5k 5.5k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 601 601 33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Mi Yodeya 121 121 22 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 68 "To science the sh*t out of something"
- 62 What is the verb for criticizing someone (especially juniors) in an annoying way?
- 30 What does "Puller Prush Person" mean?
- 22 Is there an idiom for disappointment caused due to last minute cancellation of plans?
- 21 Does the New Testament quote extrabiblical writers?
- 19 What's it called when you lose contact with reality when watching a movie?
- 18 Understand Rudyard Kipling's poem If
- View more network posts →