For the last 62 years, I have been a practicing Christian (liberally conservative and evangelical). Should any posting I make to any Stack Exchange website pique your curiosity as to the what and why of my beliefs, feel free to communicate with me at email@example.com. I do not claim to have all the answers--let alone all the questions(!), but to discuss Christianity with you in a rational and civilized fashion would be a privilege for me.
My wife (a native Egyptian and Christian) and I have been married for 46 years. We have two grown children who have flown the coop, making us empty nesters.
I have a Master's degree in Speech Communications and a Ph.D. in Rhetorical Theory. After a brief stint as a teacher of public speaking, I embarked on a couple of different and totally divergent pursuits by owning and operating two small businesses.
Currrently I’m semi-retired, but I keep busy by selling classical record albums (“vinyl”) and other merchandise worldwide on eBay. At last count I ship records to about 65 countries.
A rhetorical perspective is almost as natural to me as breathing; hence my moniker on the Stack Exchange (viz., rhetorician, meaning expert in rhetoric). Rhetoric is the traditional and honorable science and art of persuasion.
Member for 6 years, 11 months
11 profile views
Last seen Jan 13 '18 at 18:25
- English Language & Usage 17.1k 17.1k 22 gold badges2222 silver badges5555 bronze badges
- Christianity 7.6k 7.6k 1515 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Biblical Hermeneutics 5.7k 5.7k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 601 601 33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Mi Yodeya 121 121 22 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 68 "To science the sh*t out of something"
- 62 What is the verb for criticizing someone (especially juniors) in an annoying way?
- 30 What does "Puller Prush Person" mean?
- 22 Is there an idiom for disappointment caused due to last minute cancellation of plans?
- 21 Does the New Testament quote extrabiblical writers?
- 19 What's it called when you lose contact with reality when watching a movie?
- 18 Understand Rudyard Kipling's poem If
- View more network posts →