I've been a hard core nerd my whole life. Even before being a nerd was "cool." Don't ask me about RPGs, CosPlay or SciFi shows/movies -- not that kind of nerd. I'm a STEM Nerd. I am also an actor and a teacher, trying to develop my artistic side.
I say that English is not my first language, even though I was born & raised in the US with an English speaking household. My first language was the "language" of science & math. I understand these concepts. Words came later.
Today, I still struggle with the subtleties of language & social interactions.
- Unix & Linux 479 479 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 308 308 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- Super User 276 276 11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 244 244 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- Information Security 244 244 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 10 Opposite of "Squeaky wheel gets the grease"
- 8 Word or idiom defining something barely functional
- 6 What is the difference between "vapour" and "gas"?
- 5 Rocket specifications: specific impulse, thrust to weight ratio and burn time
- 5 What's wrong with USB sticks that you need 3 tries to plug them in correctly?
- View more network posts →