I love the crazy idiosyncrasies of English.
- Why is "colonel" pronounced "kernel"?
- Why does “signature” have a “g” sound but “sign” doesn't?
- Why is 'lieutenant' pronounced with an F in British English?
- Why is the L in 'talk' silent?
- Spellings of 'utility' and 'purveyance' in Middle English
- Cellar door - the most beautiful English word?
- Why there are three different sounds for -ed?
The freedom to make my own mistakes was all I ever wanted - Mance Rayder.
Earth... I guess
Member for 1 year, 1 month
44 profile views
Last seen yesterday