I love the crazy idiosyncrasies of English. Without these idiosyncrasies, it would be very boring...
Some of my favourite answers:
- Why are the vowels in 'Christ' and 'Christmas' pronounced differently?
- Why is 'lieutenant' pronounced with an F in British English?
- Why there are three different sounds for -ed?
- Why does “signature” have a “g” sound but “sign” doesn't?
- Why is the spelling of colonel different from its pronunciation?
- Spellings of 'utility' and 'purveyance' in Middle English
- Cellar door - the most beautiful English word?
- Meaning of “bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthur-nuk!”
The freedom to make my own mistakes was all I ever wanted - Mance Rayder.
My favourite soundtrack is 'Braveheart'
Earth... I guess
Member for 11 months
39 profile views
Last seen Sep 24 at 7:39