Bonjour tout le monde !
My appreciation for this community comes from the joys of observing and sharing questions in this ever-changing bastard child of a language. A native speaker of American English with influences from the American South and from Canada, I am also fluent in French and Québécois French.
Foreign languages and pedagogy are my academic passions. My degree is in French Linguistics.
As a teacher, working with children brings daily opportunities to research language acquisition and intersubjectivity.
I enjoy long walks on the beach and foreign films.
Briar Patch, VA
Member for 8 years, 1 month
4 profile views
Last seen 17 hours ago
- English Language & Usage 1.5k 1.5k 22 gold badges1515 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- French Language 1.2k 1.2k 11 gold badge77 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 495 495 11 gold badge33 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Academia 159 159 11 gold badge11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- Linguistics 103 103 11 gold badge11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 27 Languages understandable to English-speakers without learning
- 11 A possibly modern derogatory term for housewife
- 10 "Katy bar the gate" origins -- Katherine Who?
- 10 Poetic technique for taking a usually comforting thing in a scary context?
- 10 Does "un jus de pomme" really mean "a glass of apple juice"?
- 9 Leto II or III? Son of Paul who becomes GOD EMPEROR OF DUNE
- 9 What is the difference in using Nous allons à la pêche sur dimanche and Nous allons à la pêche le dimanche
- View more network posts →