John M. Landsberg
I have sold science fiction, movie reviews, medical nonfiction, restaurant reviews, and screenplays. I edited and co-wrote a chapter on writing science fiction, published in a popular college textbook on fiction writing (The Graceful Lie, edited by Michael Petracca). I created and co-edited UNEARTH, a science fiction magazine devoted exclusively to discovering and publishing new writers, which launched many writing careers (name-drop: William Gibson). I'm a physician, film director, drummer, scuba diver, and golfer.
Member for 7 years, 3 months
61 profile views
Last seen Nov 24 '13 at 2:19
- English Language & Usage 7.5k 7.5k 22 gold badges1616 silver badges3939 bronze badges
- Writing 1.5k 1.5k 1010 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 1.2k 1.2k 77 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 101 101 11 bronze badge
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 101 101 11 bronze badge
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 23 "personal issue", "private issue", "personal affair", or "personal business"?
- 16 Is it permissible to write a short story with little or no dialogue?
- 15 Is it better to omit phrases like: after a moment, after a while, for a moment, etc?
- 15 Have there been any movements/tendencies to remove definite and indefinite articles from English in the recent history of English?
- 14 What is the origin and scope of usage of the phrase "Voodoo That You Do So Well"?
- 13 Do get and give have same meaning in this context?
- 12 A word for milk that has not "gone off"
- View more network posts →