Full disclosure: I have a degree in linguistics, and so I am partial to descriptivist approaches to questions of usage. For me, assertions of correctness or incorrectness that are not reflective of actual usage are highly questionable.
I am a native speaker of American English.
My real name is David Friedland and my e-mail address is email@example.com. Feel free to contact me directly.
San Jose, CA
Member for 8 years, 8 months
350 profile views
Last seen Nov 18 '18 at 19:30
Top Network Posts
- 396 Is there a correct gender-neutral singular pronoun ("his" vs. "her" vs. "their")?
- 204 When is it appropriate to end a sentence in a preposition?
- 119 How do I tell if a variable has a numeric value in Perl?
- 110 Why is there still case sensitivity in some programming languages?
- 109 "Let's" vs. "lets": which is correct?
- 108 How to pass variable number of arguments to a PHP function
- 106 "Email" or "e-mail"?
- View more network posts →