Food is interesting. I usually think about it at around why + 7.
For every natural phenomenon there are different levels of explanation. I like to call these "why" values. For the first value of why, the question "Why is the sky blue?" can be answered with some simple hand-waving about light from the sun passing through our planet's atmosphere. For a value of why + 2 (also known to parents as, "But whyyyyy?") you have to start talking about the fact that light comes in different colors.
Also, I like the idea of cake more than cake itself.
I have a gmail account under this username, and I open it occasionally.
Member for 9 years, 5 months
8 profile views
Last seen Oct 18 '18 at 15:08
- Seasoned Advice♦ 100.6k 100.6k 4040 gold badges225225 silver badges411411 bronze badges
- Academia 3.9k 3.9k 2222 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Super User 3.6k 3.6k 99 gold badges3939 silver badges6767 bronze badges
- Biology 3.2k 3.2k 33 gold badges1717 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 2.9k 2.9k 1313 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 200 How should I respond to absurd observations from customers during software product demos?
- 134 Do bacteria die of old age?
- 90 Does every species get around a billion heartbeats on average?
- 82 When I'm separating egg whites, how much does it matter if a little yolk gets in?
- 77 Any benefit to buy high-quality meat for a mediocre cook?
- 69 How to ensure international logo can be ethnically neutral enough so it won’t be offensive?
- 68 Is there a word for a non-geek?
- View more network posts →