Interested in English, its nuances and misuse (or even abuse!), and its transatlantic differences.
Was a patent attorney writing patent specifications, which needed to comply with legal requirements and be unambiguous - or sometime intentionally ambiguous!
Have also been involved in designing computer screen displays and web pages for comprehensiveness, user-friendliness, and lack of ambiguity.
South East England (West Sussex)
Member for 7 years, 4 months
22 profile views
Last seen Aug 25 at 19:26
Top network posts
- 30 May you please explain this?
- 29 dogs, not cats -> why 'not'?
- 29 Why is "pound" (of weight) abbreviated "lb"?
- 25 “Thank you very much” vs. “Thank you so much”
- 24 abbreviation of units of measure: 'hours' vs. 'minutes'
- 20 Why is bread uncountable? How do you describe the "three breads" in the picture?
- 18 "Belated happy birthday" or "happy belated birthday"?
- View more network posts →