UPDATE Currently suspended on Meta SE for one month (October 13, 2021) because this comment was the final straw....
Comments mostly deleted because it seems I was instigating the closure of a site, luckily I had left the page open so I took a screenshot.
–Original EL&U Profile–
It's been suggested that I add the following description on my profile. The linked post also probably says more about "me" than I could or would want to say.
Born in the UK, living in N. Italy for too many years, but a frequent visitor to the UK and Ireland.
I like asking questions more than answering, so in no particular order, here are few of my favourite questions
- Is the etymology of "salary" a myth?
- What happened to the “ch” in moschito?
- Did the English call a fruit “openærs” for 700 years?
- Is there an etymological explanation for the silent ‘g’ in “paradigm”?
- SNL's Black Jeopardy: What does "fid'na" mean?
- Where on Earth is "penguin" from?
- Why were slum kids called “urchins”?
- English Language & Usage 84k 84k 8080 gold badges282282 silver badges539539 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 21.4k 21.4k 1010 gold badges6262 silver badges9999 bronze badges
- The Workplace 1.2k 1.2k 11 gold badge1010 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 1.2k 1.2k 11 gold badge77 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Skeptics 1k 1k 77 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- View network profile