Good Morning how are you, I'm dr jimbob
I'm interested in things.
I'm not a real dr,
But I am a real jim bob.
Have a PhD in Experimental High-Energy Physics, but left academia in mid-2010 to program professionally.
Mostly program/script in python, django, and jquery these days doing mostly web apps.
Also have experience programming in C, C++, java, haskell, php, and (bash) shell more in the past.
Linux as primary OS since 1999, ubuntu user since 2005 (Hoary).
- Information Security 38.3k 38.3k 88 gold badges9090 silver badges158158 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 16k 16k 55 gold badges5555 silver badges7474 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 2k 2k 11 gold badge1515 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Ask Different 1.4k 1.4k 22 gold badges1010 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Cryptography 1k 1k 77 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 249 Why shouldn't we roll our own?
- 163 How to explain Heartbleed without technical terms?
- 149 How to configure logging to syslog in Python?
- 130 How to upgrade OpenSSL in OS X?
- 127 On linux SUSE or RedHat, how do I load Python 2.7
- 114 What is a Warrant Canary?
- 112 In Python, how to display current time in readable format
- View more network posts →