I have a degree in Linguistics, but I work as a programmer. Most of my expertise about English is self-taught, plus lots of random trivia I've acquired here and there.
This is my favorite EL&U comment ever:
This isn't really a question about English so much as a question about hugs. Source
- English Language & Usage 53.1k 53.1k 1414 gold badges151151 silver badges207207 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 39.2k 39.2k 1616 gold badges9797 silver badges163163 bronze badges
- Writing 6.5k 6.5k 2929 silver badges4444 bronze badges
- Board & Card Games 6.2k 6.2k 55 gold badges3131 silver badges5757 bronze badges
- Area 51 2.8k 2.8k 33 gold badges11 silver badge1515 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 582 Did English ever have a formal version of "you"?
- 201 Show current assembly instruction in GDB
- 166 When "etc." is at the end of a phrase, do you place a period after it?
- 139 How many tenses are there in English?
- 129 Which is correct, "you and I" or "you and me"?
- 114 int array to string
- 101 What is the correct possessive for nouns ending in "‑s"?
- View more network posts →