I have a degree in Linguistics, but I work as a programmer. Most of my expertise about English is self-taught, plus lots of random trivia I've acquired here and there.
This is my favorite EL&U comment ever:
This isn't really a question about English so much as a question about hugs. Source
Member for 9 years, 3 months
85 profile views
Last seen Feb 28 at 10:50
- English Language & Usage 50.8k 50.8k 1313 gold badges147147 silver badges203203 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 36.8k 36.8k 1313 gold badges9393 silver badges149149 bronze badges
- Writing 6.4k 6.4k 2525 silver badges4444 bronze badges
- Board & Card Games 6k 6k 55 gold badges2929 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- Area 51 2.8k 2.8k 33 gold badges11 silver badge1515 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 563 Did English ever have a formal version of "you"?
- 169 Show current assembly instruction in GDB
- 161 When "etc." is at the end of a phrase, do you place a period after it?
- 135 How many tenses are there in English?
- 115 Which is correct, "you and I" or "you and me"?
- 89 What is the correct possessive for nouns ending in "‑s"?
- 88 int array to string
- View more network posts →