I have a degree in Linguistics, but I work as a programmer. Most of my expertise about English is self-taught, plus lots of random trivia I've acquired here and there.
This is my favorite EL&U comment ever:
This isn't really a question about English so much as a question about hugs. Source
Member for 10 years, 9 months
87 profile views
Last seen Dec 29 '20 at 9:09
- English Language & Usage 52.7k 52.7k 1313 gold badges150150 silver badges206206 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 38.6k 38.6k 1515 gold badges9595 silver badges160160 bronze badges
- Writing 6.5k 6.5k 2929 silver badges4444 bronze badges
- Board & Card Games 6.1k 6.1k 55 gold badges3030 silver badges5757 bronze badges
- Area 51 2.8k 2.8k 33 gold badges11 silver badge1515 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 579 Did English ever have a formal version of "you"?
- 193 Show current assembly instruction in GDB
- 166 When "etc." is at the end of a phrase, do you place a period after it?
- 137 How many tenses are there in English?
- 127 Which is correct, "you and I" or "you and me"?
- 106 int array to string
- 99 What is the correct possessive for nouns ending in "‑s"?
- View more network posts →