A freelance translator, born and living in Russia.
StackExchange Markdown help
"Nothing more true than not to trust your senses; And yet what are your other evidences?"
To read up:
1. True Light Verb vs. Vague Action Verb
2. aspect - In English the perfect construction does not express perfective aspect; that is expressed by the simple past form. The name perfect for the HAVE+past participle construction is a misleading historical accident. 3. PEU 90 - be with auxiliary do (CGEL: "lexical be"; Quirk et al - ? )
5. NICE auxiliaries criteria: negation, inversion, emphasis and code.
6. Quirk et al. p.839 - optative mood
8. I doubt this (all) the more - the as modifier or adverb
Member for 5 years, 10 months
10 profile views
Last seen Aug 18 '18 at 18:31
Top network posts
- 191 What can an independent election observer in Russia do if they notice irregularities?
- 59 "A boiled egg in the morning is really hard to beat" - explain the pun please
- 42 What are "industrial chops"?
- 41 "I hate red color" or "I hate red": why exactly is the first option ungrammatical
- 37 Does the notion of check word exist in English?
- 34 "The victory, within four days, was just reward" - why not "was just a reward"?
- 32 What does "Honeykins" mean?
- View more network posts →