A freelance translator, born and living in Russia.
StackExchange Markdown help
"Nothing more true than not to trust your senses; And yet what are your other evidences?"
To read up:
- True Light Verb vs. Vague Action Verb
- aspect - In English the perfect construction does not express perfective aspect; that is expressed by the simple past form. The name perfect for the HAVE+past participle construction is a misleading historical accident.
- PEU 90 - be with auxiliary do (CGEL: "lexical be"; Quirk et al - ? )
- NICE auxiliaries criteria: negation, inversion, emphasis and code.
- Quirk et al. p.839 - optative mood
- I doubt this (all) the more - the as modifier or adverb
Yekaterinburg, Sverdlovsk Oblast, Russia
Member for 7 years, 9 months
14 profile views
Last seen Feb 16 at 15:54
- English Language Learners 37.2k 37.2k 1313 gold badges112112 silver badges213213 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 3.5k 3.5k 11 gold badge1919 silver badges4949 bronze badges
- Chemistry 2.9k 2.9k 77 gold badges3131 silver badges5050 bronze badges
- Literature 2.3k 2.3k 55 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Politics 1.5k 1.5k 11 gold badge1010 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 200 What can an independent election observer in Russia do if they notice irregularities?
- 60 "A boiled egg in the morning is really hard to beat" - explain the pun please
- 60 A chart of daily cases of COVID-19 in a Russian region looks suspiciously level to me - is this so from the statistics viewpoint?
- 43 "I hate red color" or "I hate red": why exactly is the first option ungrammatical
- 42 What are "industrial chops"?
- 37 Does the notion of check word exist in English?
- 36 Why is pyrimidine less basic than pyridine?
- View more network posts →