Alain Pannetier Φ
Born a Frenchman, addicted to the BBC (wherever I live bloom satellite dishes), I have spent several years in the UK (specifically Richmond (I said "UK" )) as well as in Italy (Naples (I said "Italy")). Currently based in Dubai (UAE).
An electronic Engineer by formation and an IT/Telecom professional by occupation, I've had the opportunity to work in many countries (Saudi Arabia, China mainland and Taiwan, Romania, Spain, Ghana, the Netherlands, Brazil, United States, Panama, Dominican Rep., Tunisia, Turkey, Sudan, Syria, Kuwait and a few others).
Raised by a German au pair at 5, having done my military duty in Germany, I've always been fascinated by languages in general and etymology in particular and my occupation has provided me with several opportunities to indulge in this hobby. I started to learn several languages and still can understand a few of them: including English, Italian and Spanish. The latter allowing me to communicate with my son (see avatar), my wife and my in-laws.
If you wish to contact me, please feel free to do so using my email/chat account which is alain dot pannetier at gmail dot com.
- English Language & Usage 16.7k 16.7k 33 gold badges4848 silver badges105105 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 7.7k 7.7k 22 gold badges3333 silver badges4444 bronze badges
- Linguistics 1.1k 1.1k 1010 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- French Language 1.1k 1.1k 88 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 931 931 77 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 82 PuTTY serial communication
- 71 PsExec gets stuck on licence prompt when running non-interactively
- 55 Origin and evolution of "hapless"
- 43 From which language has English borrowed the most words?
- 40 How does the "be-" prefix change the words to which it is applied? How did it come about?
- 39 How to open a website when a Button is clicked in Android application?
- 38 Proper usage of Java -D command-line parameters
- View more network posts →