My background is in math (BMath; Waterloo) and civil engineering (BASc, MASc; Toronto). As I learned to dislike statistics when I was studying math, fate provided me with the opportunity to do a master's thesis on applying good old-fashioned statistics to hydrology with the goal of finding improved methods of estimating underlying distributions from small samples. Fortunately, this relied heavily on Monte Carlo simulation and I was able to convince myself that it was based on software instead of statistics. I somehow ended up as a software developer working on real time control systems and ancillary applications for the broadcast industry for fifteen years and now work as a project manager for the development of call center software.
Member for 8 years, 3 months
3 profile views
Last seen May 20 at 4:07
Top network posts
- 462 Leaving intentional bugs in code for testers to find
- 64 Meaning of P.R.S. Aes Triplex in Heinlein's Space Cadet
- 62 What happened to "You're welcome?"
- 51 Why is it always the same type of beer cup used in college-style movies/series?
- 42 Is there a word for "air can pass through it"?
- 41 What does H/F, M/F and M/W abbreviation in job titles mean?
- 41 Should you write good documentation and clean code to increase the "Bus Factor"?
- View more network posts →