Jörg W Mittag
Not a software developer in the sense that I write software as part of my job or otherwise get paid to do so. Also, not a developer in the sense that I write software for others.
I write software for myself, often for no other reason than that I want to. (What I call recreational programming.)
Actually, I’m currently forcibly confined to recreational programming, as I’m looking for a job.
My current go-to language is Ruby, but I’m interested in all sorts of other languages as well: Newspeak, Seph, Ioke, Self, Io, Slate, Reia, Cobra, Fortress, Sapphire, Haskell, Scala, Clojure, Racket, Go, Fancy, Poison, and many more.
- Stack Overflow 320.1k 320.1k 6868 gold badges394394 silver badges595595 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 81.6k 81.6k 1919 gold badges175175 silver badges261261 bronze badges
- Aviation 3k 3k 1313 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Computer Science 2k 2k 1111 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Space Exploration 1.9k 1.9k 1313 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1182 Begin, Rescue and Ensure in Ruby?
- 1169 When monkey patching an instance method, can you call the overridden method from the new implementation?
- 618 How do I clone a subdirectory only of a Git repository?
- 614 How to convert a normal Git repository to a bare one?
- 612 Does ruby have real multithreading?
- 452 What is the difference between task and thread?
- 339 Does Ruby have a string.startswith("abc") built in method?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Apr 12 '11