I was initially attracted to StackExchange because of an interest I have in a particular programming language (J), which was being asked about here.
Pretty quickly I discovered I enjoy participating on EL&U much more than I had originally on SO. So now here I am.
I love obscure vocabulary and a well-turned phrase. So you may see me commenting on many kinds of questions, but typically I answer (and ask) single-word-request and meaning-in-context questions.
I apologize in advance for all the bad puns. It's a sickness.
Member for 6 years, 8 months
436 profile views
Last seen 3 hours ago
- English Language & Usage 27.5k 27.5k 1414 gold badges8989 silver badges129129 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 2.1k 2.1k 11 gold badge1818 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 1.7k 1.7k 22 gold badges1111 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 648 648 77 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Code Golf 421 421 33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 831 Which word begins with "y" and looks like an axe in this picture?
- 194 What is the word for "the smell of rain"?
- 111 What does "went through the guards of the broadsword" mean?
- 108 Word for a software bug that occurs again after having fixed it?
- 101 What is the sound of teeth hitting each other in cold weather called?
- 78 Are there English proverbs that warn against “speaking up” in front of people?
- 75 What would you call a person who is self-righteous, brags about her/his moral values and is imposing when it comes to her/his ideas?
- View more network posts →