I was initially attracted to StackExchange because of an interest I have in a particular programming language (J), which was being asked about here.
Pretty quickly I discovered I enjoy participating on EL&U much more than I had originally on SO. So now here I am.
I love obscure vocabulary and a well-turned phrase. So you may see me commenting on many kinds of questions, but typically I answer (and ask) single-word-request and meaning-in-context questions.
I apologize in advance for all the bad puns. It's a sickness.
Member for 5 years, 6 months
389 profile views
Last seen 8 mins ago
Top network posts
- 831 Which word begins with "y" and looks like an axe in this picture?
- 188 What is the word for "the smell of rain"?
- 110 What does "went through the guards of the broadsword" mean?
- 102 Word for a software bug that occurs again after having fixed it?
- 101 What is the sound of teeth hitting each other in cold weather called?
- 78 Are there English proverbs that warn against “speaking up” in front of people?
- 76 What would you call a person who is self-righteous, brags about her/his moral values and is imposing when it comes to her/his ideas?
- View more network posts →