Chemist turned biochemist turned software engineer.
- First language: PDP-11 assembly
- Favorite language: C++14/1z (with boost)
- 1996: scientific software (phys. chemistry)
- 2000: OS development (hard real-time/military)
- 2002: scientific research (biochem)
- 2005: real-time C++ (transportation/city infrastructure)
- 2012: large scale C++ (finance)
Biggest peeve: people who claim to teach C++ but instead propagate nonsense like
- "arrays are pointers" (or, even worse, "const pointers")
- Google C++ Style Guide (see my linkedin post for details)
- The FQA
- Stack Overflow 40.9k 40.9k 1212 gold badges8080 silver badges148148 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 747 747 66 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 261 261 11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 233 233 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Code Review 141 141 33 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 215 std::auto_ptr to std::unique_ptr
- 111 How to read entire stream into a std::string?
- 70 Is returning void valid code?
- 67 How to parse date/time from string?
- 57 What is the role of C++ today?
- 55 How to update an existing element of std::set?
- 50 Can a destructor be recursive?
- View more network posts →