I'm a professor in the Mathematics Dept. at M.I.T. I mostly work on quantum computation, quantum information, and quantum complexity, but I am also interested in other areas of theoretical computer science and mathematics.
Member for 9 years, 9 months
76 profile views
Last seen Nov 6 at 19:00
- English Language & Usage 73.9k 73.9k 88 gold badges151151 silver badges262262 bronze badges
- Theoretical Computer Science 22.9k 22.9k 44 gold badges8484 silver badges121121 bronze badges
- Physics 9.7k 9.7k 2828 silver badges6262 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 5.9k 5.9k 33 gold badges4646 silver badges6262 bronze badges
- Literature 5.3k 5.3k 1515 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 178 Where were "should", "shall", and "must" in the 18th Century?
- 143 Was the reduction in Shor's algorithm originally discovered by Shor?
- 138 Why are 'student' and 'suspend' not pronounced as written?
- 127 What to do when you notice that a value in your paper is wrong, once it is accepted but before it is published?
- 110 Why is there no "autumntime" or "falltime"?
- 106 What recent discoveries have amateur mathematicians made?
- 102 "Whatever a Russian does, they end up making the Kalashnikov gun"? Are there any similar proverbs in English?
- View more network posts →